ocba - [ocba] Queen of the Sun, next step

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Kitty Cunningham <klparmley AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Orange County Beekeepers Association" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Queen of the Sun, next step
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 22:22:39 -0500

Hello Beekeepers,

In December, we began working on a  plan to arrange a showing of the film Queen of the Sun.  We planned to get a space to show the film and to have a Q&A afterward.  We intended to invite other area beekeepers, the Waldorf school and the community-at-large.  We were hoping, first, to see an interesting movie about bees.  Secondly, we hoped to educate non-beekeepers about bees.  We hoped to do a little fund raising and we looked forward to conversation with other beekeepers

We found a space and just as we were ready to get the license for the event, we found that it has become available to Watch Instantly via Amazon.

The  question, now, is do we still want to have the event or do we think the people who would have come to Chapel Hill to watch it with us. would rather watch it at home?

So, the plan is to double check at the monthly meeting next Thursday (Jan 9) to be sure we still have a consensus about hosting the event.

The cost to the group for the space and  a license for 100 people is going to be $350.

Any questions or discussion before the meeting?

Kitty

http://mebanelabyrinth.blogspot.com/

  • [ocba] Queen of the Sun, next step, Kitty Cunningham, 01/31/2012