ocba - [ocba] Aspiring Beekeeper Looking for Advice on Starter Equipment

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: John Nicholson <jlnicholson AT gmail.com>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ocba] Aspiring Beekeeper Looking for Advice on Starter Equipment
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 18:11:34 -0500

Greetings Beekeepers:

I am planning to begin bee school in January and was hoping to get some advice on what supplies I should plan to purchase to get started. I am sure we will be going over some of this during the bee school in January but I though some items may make good Christmas gifts. Specifically, I was looking for advice on whether to buy a starter kit as opposed to individual items? Any recommendations for online or local merchants?

Any advice you could provide would be greatly appreciated.I look forward to joining your community in the coming months.

Many Thanks,

John Nicholson
Chapel Hill, NC