ocba - Re: [ocba] Top feeder question and hive extraction

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Catherine Guerrero <catherinelguerrero AT gmail.com>
  • To: "birdcr AT concentric.net" <birdcr AT concentric.net>
  • Cc: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Top feeder question and hive extraction
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 19:30:56 -0400

Hey Randy,

This is Catherin Guerrero. I helped you and Chris do the remove the hive yesterday. My experience with the top feeder is, "if you fill it, they will come." Mine will go through whatever I put in there pretty quickly depending on whether anything else is available. I just meter the sugar water myself and check to make sure they aren't filling up the brood area with it.

Thanks for the pictures!

Catherine