ocba - [ocba] Top feeder question and hive extraction

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: "birdcr AT concentric.net" <birdcr AT concentric.net>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ocba] Top feeder question and hive extraction
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 06:57:52 -0500 (CDT)

Folks,

Just got a top feeder on Saturday. Last night I put 10 pounds of
sugar and 10 pounds of water in it (heated up together and
cooled). This morning most of it is gone, seems every bee in the
hive is under the screen feeding! So am I doing this wrong, is the
feeder leaking this was maybe 7 days worth of feeding with my
boardman feeder. Or will the feeder slow down after a while?

I help Chris Richmond and Catherine ? remove a hive in a chapel
yesterday, photos and details on my blog.

Cheers,
Randy Emmitt
http://rlephoto.blogspot.com/2011/08/beehive-extraction.html