ocba - [ocba] Fall/Spring crops/ground cover for bees?

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Blair Christian <blair.christian AT gmail.com>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ocba] Fall/Spring crops/ground cover for bees?
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 14:15:30 -0400

Hi All,

I have between 1/4 and 1 acre that I would be interested in planting
with some ground cover this fall and/or spring. Most of it would be
under small power lines between hardwoods, getting a few good hours of
sun, and I could irrigate some if needed. Does anybody have
recommendations specific for the area? There would be no protection
from deer, though. Thoughts?

Best,
Blair