ocba - [ocba] Problem hive

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Konrad Catolos <koncat AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ocba] Problem hive
  • Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 14:50:43 -0400

Hi everybody,

We got a new queen for our hive. We think that the original queen was
rejected because there was no activity. It has been a week since we
introduced the new queen and unfortunately, the bees in this hive do not seem
to have accepted this queen either. There aren't a whole lot of bees in it,
compared to our other hive and there is no activity in the combs.

Any advice on this would be great. We were thinking of taking some of the
frames from the good hive and placing them in the other one to get it going,
but not sure if this will work.

Thanks,
Tanya