ocba - [ocba] Apiary Location

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: kawayanan <kawayanan AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Orange County, NC Beekeepers" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Apiary Location
  • Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 12:01:21 -0500

Hello,

First let me introduce myself. My name is Sean and I am a graduate student at UNC. I visited one of your meetings and met a few of you, and am looking forward to coming again. I have been interested in starting beekeeping for a while now and would like to get started, however I currently live in a condo in Chapel Hill and there is no possibility of keeping bees there. My first step therefore is finding a place to keep the bees, preferably near Chapel Hill. I have been looking and trying to find a place through my acquaintances, but have not yet found a place. If anyone knows of a place where I could keep bees or knows someone who would like bees on their land, please let me know.

On an additional note, once I am able to find a place I can go ahead and order bees. I have found a few places on the internet, but would rather get bees from somewhere withing driving distance if possible. I am looking for packages as opposed to nucs, and am flexable as to the race of bees. Any suggestions or places you have had good experiences with would be great.

Thanks for your time!

Saan Palmer
kawayanan AT gmail.com