ocba - [ocba] July Summer Meeting

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Eva Hoke <hoke0002 AT notes.duke.edu>
  • To: "Orange County, NC Beekeepers" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] July Summer Meeting
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 16:31:49 -0400

Many bee club activities coming up. Please check out the NC beekeepers website for information on the upcoming State meeting.
I am including the registration notice I received recently. If you are thinking about entering honey/wax products in the State Fair, this is a great opportunity to enter your item for judging.

If you don't want to attend for the entire weekend, you may want to attend a day session. I'm sure all the meetings are very worthwhile and hope you can attend.

  The Summer Meeting Online Registration (for members) is working well so
far without any glitches.  The Online Registration Form is on the "Members'
Page", where you can also see a real-time "tally" of the number who already
registered online.  (Of course, you may also register by US Mail, using the
form in the Bee Buzz or printed from our web site.)

 Please remind your Chapter members about the June 28 deadline for
guaranteeing the "special beekeepers rate" at the Radisson Hotel for the
Summer Meeting.

OUr July meeting will consist of bringing and choosing pictures for the 2007 Calendar. Don't forget to continue taking pictures. Last year we had approximately one hundred ( give or take a few) to choose from. If you are taking digital pictures, please print a draft copy, (save your ink). We can then work with the electronic image later.

Glad to hear so many turned out for the field day. Many members make the event possible and work many hours to coordinate the event. Special thanks to David Langham for organizing the day. Thanks to the inspectors for sharing so much information with the members and guests. Special thanks to those that invited the members and guests to their homes. Lunch was a bonus. See you at the July meeting. Visitors are welcome; bring a friend. Eva

  • [ocba] July Summer Meeting, Eva Hoke, 06/19/2006