ocba - Re: [ocba] BEE CLUB FIELD DAY

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Eva Hoke <hoke0002 AT notes.duke.edu>
  • To: "Orange County, NC Beekeepers" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] BEE CLUB FIELD DAY
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 09:24:24 -0400

Please feel free to bring friends, and those brave enough to come out and have a visit with bees on a more personal. There will be opportunities for hands on experience for those that would like to explore a hive, start a smoker, and recognize a queen, drone, worker.

It's a great way to meet our members and inspectors,  learn about bees, and have a better understanding of what beekeeping involves. Please educate visitors of some possible hazards:  being stung. (Hopefully someone will have an epipen on hand if needed).
If anyone has extra veils, gloves, etc, please bring them along for guests.

We invite all to join us at the lunch; lunch will be provided by the club to members. If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me or one of the officers.
Don't forget to bring a camera; there will be plenty of opportunities to take photos for the upcoming calendar selection during the July meeting.

Thanks Eva