ncmia - [NCMIA] NC ECHO survey info request

ncmia AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: NC Moving Image Archivists

  • From: "Cumber, Kim" <kim.cumber AT ncdcr.gov>
  • To: Michelle Vaughn <michelle.vaughn AT ncdcr.gov>, "Umfleet, Lerae" <lerae.umfleet AT ncdcr.gov>
  • Cc: 'NC Moving Image Archivists' <ncmia AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NCMIA] NC ECHO survey info request
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 07:24:53 -0500

Y’all,

Hey!  I hope your holidays are shaping up nicely—things appear to be cranking along with C2C!  OK—so—I have need of some NC ECHO survey information!

The NC Moving Image Archivists group (NCMIA) would like to know:

  1. The names, addresses, and contacts of all institutions in the state of North Carolina who hold moving image material (motion picture film, video, and/or any other moving image formats)
  2. The volume of this material each institutions has (broken down by format if possible but I know this detail may not be an option!)
  3. The subject strengths assigned to each institution housing moving image material (ie. how they are tagged in the NC ECHO directory—like “Education”  “Civil War” Transportation” etc…)

This information will be used to plan a project in which the moving image materials held by cultural institutions in the state will be inventoried, possibly cataloged, and the resulting finding media will ultimately be made available online in a user-friendly, cross-searchable way.  The NC ECHO survey data will help our group determine the viability and the scale/magnitude of such a project and also appropriate granting agencies and/or foundations to approach for funding.  The NC School of the Arts Moving Image Archives may take the lead on this project, but everything is just in the speculative stages right now.  We are seeking information from a variety of resources to help us decide how to best move forward.

The NCMIA group will meet again probably in late January/February.  If you could get me some sort of report reflecting the above requested information by then, that would be great.  Please let me know what, if anything, I can do to help in this process, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kim

Kim Andersen Cumber

Non-Textual Materials Archivist

North Carolina State Archives

4614 Mail Service Center

Raleigh, NC  27699-4614

Ph: (919) 807-7311 | Fx: (919) 733-1354

kim.cumber AT ncdcr.gov

E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North Carolina

Public Records Law "NCGS.Ch.132" and may be disclosed to third parties by an

authorized state official.

  • [NCMIA] NC ECHO survey info request, Cumber, Kim, 12/02/2010