ncmia - [NCMIA] Thanks and Request

ncmia AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: NC Moving Image Archivists

  • From: "Stewart, Stephanie E" <stewarts AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: NC Moving Image Archivists <ncmia AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NCMIA] Thanks and Request
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 20:50:48 +0000

Hi NCMIA-ers,

Thanks to all who came to the meeting today.  I'm sorry that others couldn't make it, but we may have more regular meetings for you to attend in the coming months to discuss a collaborative grant project.  Stay tuned!

Completely unrelated, I've had a request by a graduate student from UNC's Comm Studies program for a silent and/or variable speed 16mm projector for a screening at the Varsity Theater this weekend (http://www.varsityonfranklin.com/events.asp, see Empire (Andy Warhol).  We have an ancient 16mm projector here that would work, but I'm hoping someone on the list has a more modern, safer, gentler alternative that they'd be willing to loan out for this screening.

Please let me know and I'll put you in touch with the grad student and professor who are coordinating the event.

Thanks,

Stephanie

Stephanie Stewart
Moving Image Archivist