nafex - [nafex] transplanting paw paws

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [nafex] transplanting paw paws
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 13:10:15 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 7/2/2013 12:55:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
sherwindu@att.net writes:

> The tricky thing is to find a tree that is independent enough to make it
> on it's own.

I've been telling people to take a spade, go out about 12 inches from the
seedling and insert the shovel straight down completely around the sprout,
thus severing the main root from the tree. Let it set one growing season that
it can better develop it's own root system then transplant.
>From lpittman@murraystate.edu Tue Jul 2 16:16:55 2013
d=google.com; s=20120113;
h=from:to:references:in-reply-to:subject:date:message-id:mime-version
:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:x-mailer:thread-index
:content-language:x-gm-message-state;
bh=7sfBIBLWA8AF7TwKFTOl1YjcN3YXoIwcEOSg+IXq9EU=;
b=TAnzeiJGhvQZeSHxv5bYdYFwtSNE7Ho+fTyQTF7FLVc+qC+eojozBW434WSWsFzGML
e4OwbUQxtnUmg6tEwtex84W4NVyrSt0FvcFohkufGSydRfsiOgHEGQem3NZb0Mxd97qh
xwhCJDX1t1i4KLh6apY9hyb/fxelPzpwEUwHF2rOClCTEAL9JkBQevZcvl66hgpaeN4K
BydOTS98IR+Afmlm9hhaG0LgwzdalZktNpTCp6XNlsWtrMFqnZ6uQ+lwV0FHZKuQ0iMS
sv5xUKpUhq41ehWEUTyqK7cLquJAmp8k9nz9m4DF/c/ibCCwKyilUNWTg3PIJJ+LCuLC
47ww==