nafex - Re: [nafex] transplanting paw paws

  • From: sherwin <sherwindu@att.net>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] transplanting paw paws
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2013 11:20:35 -0500

On 7/2/2013 9:49 AM, mIEKAL aND wrote:
I've dug up the tiniest pawpaw transplants and not had an issue. For me
the thing that made the most difference is that they were fully dormant
when dug up.

~mIEKAL

mIEKAL,

If being dormant was almost a requirement, than that would not explain
why at least half of my transplants survived and are now 3 feet high, none
of them being dormant, at the time. I think cutting the 'umbilical cord'
prematurely is a bigger factor.

Also, I think it is helpful to retain as much of the surrounding soil when
moving these plants. There may be certain micro nutrients that help the
plant to survive in it's new location.

Sherwin Dubren