nafex - Re: [nafex] Morus nigra

  • From: Matt Demmon <mdemmon@gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Morus nigra
  • Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2013 08:16:53 -0400

We'll see! I think I trust Oikos to get species right, they grow a pretty
extensive list and seem pretty on top of things. I did have a 'Kokuso'
mulberry for a while, that was supposed to be M. nigra, although I've heard
various things about it. It did fruit, and the fruit was the tastiest
mulberry I've ever had, and the leaves and buds didn't look like any other
mulberry I've seen, but I don't know if it was M. nigra. It suffered winter
damage every year and finally kicked it after 4 seasons.

-matt
z5 se MI