nafex - Re: [nafex] Bleeding and Nut Tree Grafts

  • From: <topgun@otelco.net>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Bleeding and Nut Tree Grafts
  • Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 21:34:31 -0500

It can reduce whip grafts on pecan when using parafilm due to souring.

RDO

-----Original Message----- From: alexis@conev.org
Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2013 7:53 PM
To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
Subject: [nafex] Bleeding and Nut Tree Grafts

Jerry, Lucky,
thanks for the information on grafting. That's helpful.
Regarding bleeding, I have not grafted carya or juglans. I have grafted
some dozens of pecans with four flap grafts. If the rootstock is strong,
I get 100% takes or nearly so. I have not noticed the bleeding to be a
problem. If there is a lot of fluid coming into the graft, it just seems
to drain out. Does bleeding reduce takes with 4 flap grafts on carya and
juglans, or is that with bark grafts (or other grafts)?
Thanks,
Alexis
message archives
Google message archive search: