nafex - [nafex] Bleeding and Nut Tree Grafts

  • From: alexis@conev.org
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [nafex] Bleeding and Nut Tree Grafts
  • Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2013 20:53:11 -0400

Jerry, Lucky,
thanks for the information on grafting. That's helpful.
Regarding bleeding, I have not grafted carya or juglans. I have grafted some dozens of pecans with four flap grafts. If the rootstock is strong, I get 100% takes or nearly so. I have not noticed the bleeding to be a problem. If there is a lot of fluid coming into the graft, it just seems to drain out. Does bleeding reduce takes with 4 flap grafts on carya and juglans, or is that with bark grafts (or other grafts)?
Thanks,
Alexis