nafex - Re: [nafex] Honey Locust Pods - How to Process?

  • From: PATTY <jrplelie@centurylink.net>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Honey Locust Pods - How to Process?
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 09:38:45 -0500 (EST)

Hey Pete,

Any chance you would be willing to part with 10 or so seeds? I have been
trying to get some of the better Gleditsia varieties up here in WI. Hidden
Springs Nursery has been back-logged on their orders and Andy Wilson of
Honeylocust Agroforestry hasn't been returning my emails.
His website is actually quite informative but may not go as far as covering
processing.

http://www.faculty.virginia.edu/honeylocust-agroforestry/agroforestry/

Thanks,

Jim Elie
Pulaski WI
Zone 5

I haven't yet dug out any seeds, but I understand these are also edible...

Here's a pic: http://goo.gl/CyhDR

BTW, best site I've found so far with info on honey locust use was this
one:
http://www.wildpantry.com/beans.htm

Thanks all -

Pete Chrisbacher