nafex - Re: [nafex] Honey Locust Pods - How to Process?

  • From: Geoffrey Tolle <Gtolle0709@wowway.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Honey Locust Pods - How to Process?
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 00:56:39 -0500

I too am very interested in how to extract the "sugar" from these pods. I haven't had much success with my attempts. I tried just blending up pods and all in water then cooking the water down. That worked to make a very crude sugar and a somewhat bitter one. However, use a pressure cooker on the seeds and they make fairly tasty beans. I have to go out and gather up some pods soon. A bunch fell on a nearby lot.