nafex - Re: [nafex] keepsake apples

  • From: "David M. Taylor" <dmtaylor@lakefield.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] keepsake apples
  • Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2012 11:57:34 -0500

Murph, do you fertilize much? Water plenty? Perhaps what your trees need is a bit of stress! Also ensure your branches are tied or spread down towards horizontal or even lower than horizontal to induce more fruit buds. I have a Sweet 16 that hasn't produced yet, and I think part of that is because its branches have a tendency to grow upwards too much rather than staying horizontal, even though I try to train them downwards. Just a few thoughts.

--
Dave
"Newton not living... I am there to catch her."