nafex - Re: [nafex] keepsake apples

  • From: Ginda Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] keepsake apples
  • Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2012 07:25:55 -0500

Speaking of regional issues with apples: macoun is extremely popular here in
ma and nearby states, where it commands a premium price. But I've heard
several people complain that they couldn't grow it (or couldn't get good
apples from it) in other parts of the country.

Its child, honeycrisp, seems more widely adapted, though. Honeycrisp
inherited the macoun's most interesting characteristic, that distinctive
"snap" when you bite off a chunk.
--
Ginda

Typed with Swype. Who knows what I intended to say?

Naomi Counides <naomi@oznayim.us> wrote:

I wonder if Keepsake likes heat. We do have hot summers here in Idaho
Zone
6. That means that Cox and Karminj were pretty much of a loss for me.
But
my Keepsake takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'.

Basically I tend to think that if a tree does not like where it is..
something else will 7 years is long enough to prove itself, or not as
the
case may be.
Naomi