nafex - Re: [nafex] hardy quinces?

  • From: PATTY <jrplelie@centurylink.net>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] hardy quinces?
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 11:06:22 -0400 (EDT)

Anton,

I have an Aromatnaya quince here at my place. We only moved here a couple
years ago and the young tree moved with us. The tree itself has been doing
fine albeit the past couple winters have not been too hard. It did produce
flowers this past spring but, all things considered, I didn't expect any
fruit. My current location west of Pulaski WI had a zone change from 4b to
5a with the last USDA map update. I'm sure that you're location is a bit
more difficult but I am probably more comparable than most.

Jim Elie
zone 5a
west of Pulaski WI