nafex - Re: [nafex] Evans cherries

  • From: Sarah Kehler Ewing <skkewing@yahoo.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Evans cherries
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 00:16:49 -0700 (PDT)

I was picking Evan's cherries at Barb's again yesterday... after picking
another 8 gallons of the ripest, darkest cherries from the top of the tree
(much standing on the top of a ladder!) after yet another day in the 30's
with yet another thunderstorm at night, I threw out about 6 cherries that had
brown rot on them.  No bird damage either which is a bit surprising since the
birds ate all her Saskatoons just a few weeks ago.  But the yellow wasps were
out in full force eating those dark tasty cherries from the top of the tree,
didn't think I would make it thru picking without getting stung!

Sarah