nafex - Re: [nafex] moth traps for general purpose monitoring

  • From: Scott Smith <scott@cs.jhu.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] moth traps for general purpose monitoring
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 12:36:07 -0500

Anton, I don't think those traps have pheromone bait strong enough to extend
more than 25-50' from the trap, so I wouldn't worry too much about attracting
bugs from outside your yard.

I use the wing traps from Great Lakes with a CM lure in it, and it works
well. This last year I trapped zero, the mating disruption program I had
started a few years ago finally reaped dividends. The previous years I had
many in the traps as well as in the fruits.

Scott z7 MD