nafex - Re: [nafex] continuing - seedlings - overcome drying losses

  • From: Jay Cutts <orders@cuttsreviews.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] continuing - seedlings - overcome drying losses
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 10:48:39 -0700

Water wicks are some kind of cotton wick and you put one end in a reservoir of water and the other end is buried inside the pot.

Personally I'd start the seedlings indoors, maybe in a sunny window or with a lamp over them. I think the conditions outdoors are too intense. Indoors would also reduce your drying out problem.

I think keeping the pots damp all the time would probably kill many of the seedlings from fungus (damp off).

Regards,

Jay

Jay Cutts
Director, Cutts Graduate Reviews
Lead Author, Barron's Test Prep Publications
(505) 281-0684
10 am to 10 pm Mountain Time, 7 days