nafex - Re: [nafex] Multiple fruit trees IN SAME hole - so that they fuse

  • From: "Idell Weydemeyer" <iwgarden@earthlink.net>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Multiple fruit trees IN SAME hole - so that they fuse
  • Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 19:59:58 -0800

I have European pears, Asian pears, cherries, plums and apples with multiple
grafts- -some for as many as 20 years --and with summer pruning ,they are
fine--so far-- On some, I do summer pruning twice. However, I have shallow
soil and little water so these trees are not the kind to make 3-6 feet of
growth a year--only my peaches and kiwis do that.

Idell Weydemeyer