nafex - Re: [NAFEX] NAFEX list & Google+ opportunity.

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@bellsouth.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] NAFEX list & Google+ opportunity.
  • Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2011 21:23:16 -0400

On 10/9/2011 8:25 PM, Chris Garriss wrote:
I would have some concern about the amount of personal information many
social networks "share" with or without the permission of the individual.
Location in real time, likes, dislikes, pictures, friends, relatives etc.

That is limited to what you put in your profile and where you want your profile to be made accessable and you can block all search engines from indexing your profile and likewise your posts other than the ones you designate to be made public. Your visibility and your posts, your friends, etc. can be limited to a group of users specified by you alone.
I don't yet see any loopholes that would compromise this. As far as what happens on the server end, in the cloud, etc. I can only speculate;
I'll leave the rest to the conspiracy theorists while I enjoy the best of Google+. Facebook is another matter and I understand less about security issues there while at the same time I feel fairly well protected. You can get at only a little of Facebook through Google's search but you can get a lot of Google+, as it should be but that is limited to how you configure your account, which seems easy to me. I found invaluable help files on doing this which I will be glad to share.

LL