nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Artist revives Marshall strawberry

  • From: Scott Smith <scott@cs.jhu.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Artist revives Marshall strawberry
  • Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 10:29:13 -0400

Rivka, since Darrow does not mention any hardiness issues I expect it will be
fine. Suwannee is larger and more flavorful (perfumed) than Sparkle. It can
soften quite a bit if its raining, that was the only downside I observed.
The taste varied based on the weather conditions, but it was always excellent.

Scott z7 MD