nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Powdery mildew on Constort black currants

  • From: Claude Jolicoeur <cjoli@gmc.ulaval.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Powdery mildew on Constort black currants
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 23:16:24 -0400

A 22:11 11.06.26 -0400, vous avez écrit :
>I have put in a big patch of Titania,
>I also am putting a smaller patch of Ben Sarek in.

I have Titania, Ben Sarek and Consort.
Titania in my orchard is WAY above the 2 others in all points.
Consort gets a lot of mildiew - or whatever it is, sort of rusty color and
the plant almost completely defoliates by end of summer. This doesn't seem
to affect the plant so much however, but it is not very productive, and the
quality of the berries is not great.
Ben Sarek doesn't get sick, but is incredibly unproductive here. I usually
manage to get a dozen berries per plant...
Titania produces masses of fruit, gets no sickness, is by far the most
vigorous. The berries are smaller than those of Ben Sarek however. Flavour
is excellent. Of the 3, it is the only one I would recommend to a friend...
Claude