nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Butternut/White Walnut - disease issues.

  • From: Douglas Woodard <dwoodard@becon.org>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Butternut/White Walnut - disease issues.
  • Date: Sun, 01 May 2011 12:20:49 -0400

There is a clone of butternut called "Iroquois" from Eastern Ontario which is reported to have some resistance to butternut canker. I don't knoiw anything about the details.

"Iroquois" is propagated and sold by Grimo Nut Nursery in the Niagara Peninsula:
http://www.grimonut.com

Doug Woodard
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada