nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Native Fruits

  • From: Matt Demmon <mdemmon@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Native Fruits
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 07:51:39 -0500

This is fun! in southeast michigan:

Crab apple
American plum (and a couple other plums)
Chokecherry
Wild strawberry
Black and Red Raspberries
Blackberry
Riverbank Grape
Blueberry
Paw paw
Gooseberry
American black currant
Serviceberry
Hawthorn
Hazelnut
Black Walnut
Butternut
Beechnut
Hickories
Acorns
and surprisingly enough, prickly pear!

I'm growing most of these already, just because they're easy. I'm sure I'm
forgetting something, but it's a pretty decent list anyways.