nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Black Raspberries

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87@frontiernet.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Black Raspberries
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 10:06:58 -0500

On Feb 2, 2011, at 9:50 AM, Jim Fruth wrote:

My black raspberries are planted close to the red raspberries and every time this subject is brought up I, again, wonder why anyone would offer such a warning. I have zero problems.

You must not have the virus in your area; and must have planted from virus free plants.

Even "virus resistant" plants on my place all go down from virus transmitted from wild black raspberries, which are themselves unaffected. Anything I plant here does fine for two or three years, then comes down with the virus.