nafex - [NAFEX] space for pole beans

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jimfruth@charter.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] space for pole beans
  • Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 08:47:38 -0600

I plant my pole beans under a seven foot fence because that is as high as I can reach. Trouble is, they become so over-crowded on top that they stop producing (at the top). Judging from the length of the stems in the over-crowded area, a ten foot high trellis would be better. Rather than get on a ladder to pick the pods, I'm considering making the trellis at a slant or long arc. My existing fence is composed of two 3'6" high fence sections so my next task will be to add another section and try to figure out how to erect them into an arc.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Fruit Farm
4002 Davis Street
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472