nafex - Re: [NAFEX] space for pole beans OT

  • From: Hélène Dessureault <interverbis@videotron.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] space for pole beans OT
  • Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 15:31:03 -0500

Goldfield and Emerite are definitely stringless, the first being yellow, very large and flat, the second being green long and narrow. They are just delightful. I cut Goldfield beans at an angle (to make a parallellogram) about an inch long, oh I forgot to mention that Goldfield is tender and sweet tasting. Goldfield retains that funny swishy sound that wax beans make sometimes when you are chewing them, even after freezing. In Canada, I order from William Dam in Southern Ontario. Seed distributors in the States probably carry them, if not, it is important to read the description in the catalogue, where the use is usually recommended, such as freezer or fresh market, etc.

Hélène, zone 3-4

----- Original Message ----- From: <Hilborn.E@epamail.epa.gov>