nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Mushroom Melanbopus

  • From: "Kieran and/or Donna" <holycow@frontiernet.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Mushroom Melanbopus
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 12:46:20 -0500

Jerry,  If you have that kind of mushroom every year, you can look for it in future years.  Some kinds don't appear every year though.  Eg Armillarea, which you don't want to see anyway.  I saw it on a dying English walnut in 1978, and then again about 1998.  That year it fruited everywhere in the southeast from what I heard.  And when I say everywhere, I mean in every hundred yard peice of woods here, and 15 miles away, and 150 miles away, and in Virginia too I was told.  Donna