nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pear thief bait; now experiment on same

  • From: "Lori Rizzo" <larizzo@charter.net>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pear thief bait; now experiment on same
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 22:35:16 -0400

My question is, does it work on raccoons? I lost my entire corn &
cantaloupe/melon crop to the raccoons this year. I think it was the high
heat period we had - over 60 days over 90 degrees here; or they just
discovered my patch this year.

Unfortunately, my neighbor feeds them and encourages them, so I can't
outwardly trap or shoot them. Also, we have a bunch of my neighbor's rescue
cats roaming around - is there any chance they would get into it and have a
problem? Dogs readily eat PB. Finally, what about deer?

Lori

Lori Rizzo, RN BSN MBA
Health Care Quality Improvement
Pet Training & Behavior Improvement!