nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Vein chlorosis in paw paw seedling

  • From: Matt Demmon <mdemmon@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Vein chlorosis in paw paw seedling
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 07:15:58 -0400

That's an interesting pattern, not sure if it means there's something
different going on than with my Paw Paws in containers. But mine will
often get yellow and distressed looking in containers, more than other
plants I grow do. I think it just means they're tired of being in the
pot without proper nutrition. Fish emulsion usually fixes it for me,
if I haven't let it go on too long.

I would guess it's either too little/too much water or some sort of
nutrient deficiency which could be corrected with proper
fertilization. It's hard to grow plants in little pots and keep them
as happy as in the ground.

-matt
z5 se MI