nafex - Re: [NAFEX] cicada

  • From: "Hector Black" <hblack1925@fastmail.fm>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] cicada
  • Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 16:45:52 -0500

I wonder about that Ernest. Isn't it the adults that lay eggs? We have had very badly damaged small branches on trees that took a long time to recover because the females damage the bark as the insert eggs, sometimes five or six rows on one small branch. The branch lives, but becomes deformed and lacking in vigor. Hector Black, zone 6 middle tn.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ernest Plutko" <ernestplutko@wiktel.com>