nafex - [NAFEX] cicada

  • From: Ginda Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] cicada
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 23:59:59 -0400

On Jul 31, 2010, at 4:09 PM, anne bianca wrote:

Ouch!!  I guess you never know what your'e going to find out there.  Check out this picture I took of who I found in my tangelo...I think it is a cicada.  Hope he doesn't hurt my tree, I didn't know what he was at the time I took the photo!

Yup, that looks like a cicada.  They suck sap from trees when they are juvenile, but they grow very slowly, so they don't usually do much damage to trees, unless you have an awful lot of them.

Ginda