nafex - Re: [NAFEX] black currant productivity

  • From: John Barbowski <jbarbowski@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] black currant productivity
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 13:26:46 -0400

Sorry, It has been so long that I posted that I forgot. I normally include my zone at the end.

I am in Canadian zone 6B, in Thornhill, just slightly north of Toronto Ontario.

I might add that even thought Ben L are a shade smaller in size that Ben S, Ben L appears to ripen en masse, whereas I have found that Ben S requires two harvests about  two weeks apart. Both are almost identical in taste - but I prefer Ben L slightly more.

Both are used for eating out of hand and for jams.

jmb