nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Apple pests and drops?

  • From: Sarah Kehler Ewing <skkewing@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Apple pests and drops?
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 20:39:49 -0700 (PDT)

My father-in-law uses ducks to keep down the pests in his organic orchard.
He farms in the Creston Valley, B.C. which is a fruit growers paradise and
also a pest paradise due to being so warm and wet. He had trouble with all
kinds of bugs and diseases until he fenced his ducks into the orchard where
they eat windfalls and bugs. Now he has no problems and always wins the
fruit growers trophy at the local fall fair.

Sarah
zone 3
Edmonton, AB