nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Apple pests and drops?

  • From: "bluestem_farm@juno.com" <bluestem_farm@juno.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Apple pests and drops?
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 01:34:11 GMT

Steve,
I seem to recall Michael Phillips' book saying that the apples that drop with curculio have better survival than those that stay on the tree because the apple growth can sometimes crush the larvae.  Pear drops, on the other hand, are so hard and stoney that they can't mature in them.  I'm away from my copy of the book right now so I can't check on that.  I don't remember what the deal was with the CMs.
Muffy Barrett