nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Liveland Raspberry Apple

  • From: Gary Masog <gary.masog@gci.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Liveland Raspberry Apple
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 08:25:28 -0800

I have one Liveland Raspberry tree on Antonokna rootstock, in Anchorage
Alaska it has nice large apples,
not too productive, but a fast grower, with no winter die back. The apple
taste is a little different taste, a hint of spice
is my opinion. In my reading it is one of the old Russian Varieties that
came over in the 1800s. It use to win
apple tastings up until the 80s. I have scion wood, but being in Canada I
doubt if I can send it.

Gary Masog