nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Nanking Cherries

  • From: Douglas Woodard <dwoodard@becon.org>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Nanking Cherries
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 06:30:32 -0500

In the 1980s the now defunct Beaverlodge Nursery in Alberta offered two clones of western sand cherry Prunus besseyi, "Hans" and "Fritz" (two for pollination). I understand they had been selected for the fruit.
Just possibly the people at the University of Saskatchewan fruit program might have them or know of them.

Doug Woodard
St. Catharines, Ontario

mIEKAL aND wrote:
[SNIP]

Brian Smith from UW - River Falls has convinced me try Prunus Besseyi which he is having a lot of luck with. I've located some generic nursery seed, I hoping some day to get some of his selected seeds.

~mIEKAL