nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Tibetan Goji/Wolfberry plants

  • From: derry&bill <wchase@interchange.ubc.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Tibetan Goji/Wolfberry plants
  • Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 21:33:34 -0800

Sarah et al,

I bought some dried Goji berries from my local (Korean) supermarket.

I will try to sow hundreds of seeds because of the failures I hear about.

I think the main problem is going to be getting good-fruiting good-yielding seedlings.

Reading the posts I think there are many Goji bushes out there with poor yields.

What I think I really want is cuttings from good-yielding bushes...

but I'll start with the seeds from the dehydrated Goji berries.

Thanks for all the feedback. Now I know what to look out for.

I'm closer to Edmonton than the rest of you so maybe I'll have Sarah's success.

Derry Walsh
South Coastal B.C.