nafex - [NAFEX] starting Tibetan Goji/Wolfberry plants from seed

  • From: "Michele Stanton" <6ducks@gmail.com>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] starting Tibetan Goji/Wolfberry plants from seed
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 09:18:21 -0500

I bought organically grown Goji in bulk at Whole Foods. I rehydrated the
fruit, separated out the seeds, and grew them out as I would tomatoes. They
germinated well. I planted out 6 of them this past spring.
But..... they struggled and died before the summer was out. I have neutral
pH clay loam soil, 40" annual rainfall, and humidity. My guess is that they
like faster draining soil and lower humidity.
Michele in SW Ohio