nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Gooseberries for TN? Josta berry?

  • From: mIEKAL aND <qazingulaza@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Gooseberries for TN? Josta berry?
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 15:13:10 -0500

I rediscovered some Jostaberries I had planted many years ago & had forgotten.  I think they have a wonderful flavor & I like that the fruit lasted far longer than the currants & gooseberries that I grow.  I face the unpicked fruit are still hanging on the plants, albeit raisins.  They also are showing no signs of rust, one of the few that I have that seem clean.

~mIEKAL