nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Gooseberries for TN?

  • From: "Brungardt, Sam" <Sam.Brungardt@state.mn.us>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Gooseberries for TN?
  • Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 09:35:18 -0500

Bill, the sprawling growth of Hinnomaki Yellow that you have observed is
typical for that cultivar. Many commercial sources describe it as
having a rather prostrate growth habit and being rather difficult to
harvest for that reason. In fact, at least one nursery sells it grafted
to a Ribes trunk. Sorry but I cannot remember just now which one offers
it in that form. -- Sam Brungardt, St. Paul, Minn.