nafex - Re: [NAFEX] last fruits of the season

  • From: "Kieran &/or Donna" <holycow@frontiernet.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] last fruits of the season
  • Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 12:31:18 -0500

People are still bringing me pears, they all seem to be Kieffers at this late date. We have been out digging wild ginseng, as the huge rodent population may eat more than usual this winter. (I have no idea how much they eat, but I have read voles are a problem for commercial growers.) I like to eat the red berries and carefully save the seeds for their double stratification. Donna