nafex - [NAFEX] deer repellents

  • From: Alan Haigh <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] deer repellents
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 17:36:22 -0500

I have a bearing age fruit tree nursery on my property with trees that have lots of branches below the browse line.  I make a mixture of Ivory soap, 1 bar grated and then put through the blender with a couple cups of water and a dozen eggs also blended with a couple cups of water.  I spray the trees about once a month using about 2 eggs worth of mixture to a gallon of water.  It has worked adequately for years although during peak growth I sometimes  have to tighten the sched.  I see deer next to the trees frequently, browsing other vegetation.