nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Deer repellents

  • From: "Hal Love" <lovehd@comcast.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Deer repellents
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 11:53:34 -0600

Anyone tried the deer repellers that use a motion sensor and spray the deer
with a high velocity stream of water when they get too close? I have a
friend who raves about how well it works, but I would like some feedback
from others before buying any. I have also seen these units that are
basically a Taser baited with a scent that includes acorn extract, that zap
the deer on the nose with 50,000 volts. It is claimed they only require one
training experience to keep the deer away as long as you keep the scent
around.

Hal